What’s happened since last time, waaaay back in December?
- I wrote more blog posts and posted a YouTube video (more below).
- I beta-tested my new “Mindful Self-Hypnosis” class, so I’m ready to offer it on a regular basis.
There are lots of ways of doing (and teaching) self-hypnosis, but I wanted to find a combination that is:
- Easy to learn (a single one-hour class).
- Easy to remember.
- Has a definite series of steps so you can learn it by the numbers.
- Never asks you to do anything you don’t know how to do.
Obvious, right? But self-hypnosis isn’t typically taught this way. It’s easy if we allow it to be!
So I’m teaching a mindful self-hypnosis class in my office, currently on the second Wednesday of the month, for just $50 per person. There are still openings in my June 13 class.
What’s special about mindful self-hypnosis?
- Unlike typical mindfulness meditation, it has a to-do list: a sequence of hypnotic suggestions to help with both general well-being and whatever issues are on your mind today.
- Unlike typical self-hypnosis, it puts any resistance you might be experiencing to work for you: it’s all part of the process.
- We mix effective relaxing/deepening techniques from both methods.
- And it’s all laid out fair and square so you always know what to do next.
You can sign up for the class and learn more details on my Web page.
New Stuff: Blog Posts and Videos Since Last Time
Since last we met, I’ve published one YouTube video and several blog posts:
- Video: Hypnosis Hurts Less, or How a Box of Kleenex can Last a Whole Year
- Mindful Self-Hypnosis: Faster, Deeper, Better
- Hypnosis or Self-Hypnosis: Which is Best?
- Stop Asking Why … No, Seriously!
- Try the “Yet” Trick
“Wait, remind me, what would I see you for?”
- Weight loss, healthy eating, healthy habits
- Smoking cessation
- Pain control
- Stress, anxiety, fear, panic, phobias
- Sadness, depression, guilt, shame
- Sleeplessness or lethargy
- Bad habits you want to break
- Good habits you want to create
- Feeling okay about yourself: letting go of self-blame, self-criticism, unworthiness
- Reconnecting with the world around you
“I need more convincing.”
Let’s see what we can do about that!
- Friends fly free: Bring someone along to your first session at no extra charge.
- Handicap-accessible, air-conditioned office in downtown Corvallis.
- Record sessions on your phone if you like. (Some people listen to them over and over.)
- Discounts for veterans, students, seniors, the disabled.
- Discounts when you prepay 3 or 6 sessions.
- I’ve been doing hypnosis professionally since 2012.
- Schedule and pay for sessions online.
- Pay with your choice of cash, check, debit, credit cards.
And lots of blog posts and videos on my Web site, if you want to learn more.
Until next time,